Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Transformal 2019

Transformal 2019 1 year 3 months ago #21

I really can’t add much to what has been said here, except to say I am incredibly lucky to have been in on the last two Transformals, the one in 2017 having changed my life for ever in terms of having a real life female persona in public, and starting on a trail of wonderful friendships. Then 2018 was the pinnacle, I think, of what could be achieved. Although at first I was filled with consternation that TF 2019 was in jeopardy, now we have got used to the fact that there will be change, it seems right that 2018 would potentially be the last, resounding crescendo of TF.

Thank you Adrian for the amazing achievements you have delivered over the years. You have benefited me and, I am sure, so many of us in such a positive way.
  • TinaMartini
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adrian, Michelle_Alan, Terri_2

Transformal 2019 1 year 3 months ago #22

Hi Amanda
I understand totally where you are at and thanks for a wonderful time.
:sick:
In passing though, may I suggest a TWO night weekened with the Ball, a simple one, only as most people are just happy to do their own thing during the day.
Miinmal effort and samish return
:P
Sincerely hopeful Jennett
  • Jennett

Transformal 2019 1 year 3 months ago #23

Adrian,
I am, like many others, very disappointed that I cannot look forward to another Transformal. For me, it was the absolute highlight of the TG year and I shall miss it deeply.
However, I can fully understand your reasons for not wishing to continue. In fact, how you managed to keep it up for so long is a mystery to me. All of us, who have attended, owe you an enormous debt for your dedication, enthusiasm, hard work and seemingly bottomless pit of great ideas. However, I am sure all of the positive achievements must have involved several recurring negatives including bouts of crisis management accompanied by their lapdogs stress and anxiety. In brief, I am in awe of your accomplishments and if anyone deserves their name to appear in the Australia Day honours list, it is you. You have made many people very happy including me.
Lastly, let me give you one big THANK YOU for all you have done.
Warm wishes for a bright future.
Martina
  • Martina
  • Poster of the month Poster of the month
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adrian, Terri_2

Transformal 2019 1 year 3 months ago #24

Dame Adrian has a nice ring to it....

I heartily concur with the sentiments above. You've done a spectacular job over a decade to produce something truly remarkable dear friend. You can rest comfortably knowing that you've left an indelible mark on us all. I just re-read that last bit and it sounds like a eulogy lol...sorry honey it wasn't meant to sound like that.

As great as Transformal was, TGR will be your legacy and it is here you do the greatest good in making a safe harbour for everyone to share knowledge and interact with each other troll free. I, for one, look forward to seeing you at other events where we can split a carefree red, or three, and will continue to look forward to you ticking me off in the Forums for drifting off subject for many, many, years to come :)
  • Emma_Thorne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adrian, Caroline

Transformal 2019 1 year 3 months ago #25

Adrian
Firstly let me say thankyou for all your efforts over the years, its really been enjoyable. :)

I must agree with the comments of both Fay & Caroline, as this years event I doubt could be matched. :)

Having said that I have been speaking with a few people on FB who are disappointed that the event will not take place next year, as for many its really the only chance for them to really get out.

With those comments in mind I have approached an events manager I know who describes herself -
"Me...a crazy gay woman who has put on events and worked for not for profits in LGBTIQ community for 20 years .

Most people I have spoken to have been receptive to paying a little extra for some form of event.

Guess the question is who may want to participate in a different journey. It maybe in the mountains, it maybe in Sydney, who knows.

Your comments would be appreciate
[Adrian] But please not in this thread which would be completely off topic!
  • Trish
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Adrian.

Transformal 2019 1 year 3 months ago #26

Deleted by poster
  • bee
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by bee. Reason: Deleted by poster

Transformal 2019 1 year 3 months ago #27

bee- wrote:
I would urge members in NSW to get together and make this happen, the ground work is already there, and perhaps Adrian could take on a mentoring role for the first event?
This is a discussion that has been active on this thread and elsewhere for a couple of months now. The discussion has been exhaustive and has covered all the obvious ways forward, including the ideas which are being floated here.
The topic of organising an event is one that is all too easy to talk about but difficult to put into concrete action.
At the risk of being repetitive there will not be a TF19 - and other events may be organised by others. But this is NOT the thread to discuss them.
  • Adrian
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carol, Emma_Thorne

Transformal 2019 1 year 3 months ago #28

This is a bit late Adrian but I've been distracted. Thank you a thousand times for the opportunity to go to 3 Transformals 2014, 2015 and 2016. My first was the one that delivered the biggest hit in terms of helping the new me get out in public. I'd also like to congratulate you on escaping from the tar baby. It's not easy but you really do deserve a rest. Resist all suggestions from well meaning people that you change your mind. I hope we do bump into each other at some event in the future but that's in the will of the fates. Thanks.
  • Carol
  • Poster of the month
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Carol. Reason: typo
  • Page:

Latest Posts

Go to top